YWCA Hunter Region Inc. has employment opportunities in the following areas:
VACATION CARE EDUCATORS
We are seeking casual Educators to work in the YWCA Hunter Vacation Care Program during the school holiday periods. The position is paid under the Children Service’s Award 2010 Level 2.1
We’re seeking people qualified or currently working toward a degree in Teaching – either Primary or Early Childhood. Required to have, or willing to obtain: Anaphylaxis training; Mandatory Child Protection training 2017; Current First Aid Cert with Asthma component. Beneficial understanding of the National Quality Framework and the My Time Our Place learning outcomes.
Work involves working with primary aged children to run holiday programs. An interest in working with this age group and a rapport with children is essential. Hours are rostered from 7.30am to 6pm daily during school holidays. Role commences 16 April 2018. A full year commitment at least is preferable to ensure continuity with the children and the staff team.
Only applicants who are qualified or working towards a teaching/early childhood degree need apply. Email your CV and cover letter to Jenny Baldwin, Executive Director at YWCA Hunter Region Inc. email@example.com; 49292954 by the 23rd March 2018.
We are looking for a graphic designer to help with a one off project. For more information on the job descriptions please contact Jenny Baldwin, 49292954, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking an experienced Nominated Supervisor to be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the Vacation Care program at the YWCA Hunter Region Inc in Newcastle.
This is employment on a part time basis (hours to be negotiated) to be part of a small vibrant staff team.
We run an innovative and exciting school holiday program for primary aged children.
- Nominated Supervisor for the Vacation Care Program and all that entails according to the definition and requirements of the position as outlined in the NQF 2012
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the National Quality Framework, which encompasses the Education and Care Service National Law and Regulations and National Quality Standards in conjunction with The Approved Provider.
- Policy development to stay up to date with changes to the NQF and National Regulations
- Ensure that all paperwork required for the running of an accredited vacation care is kept to an appropriate standard
- Responsible for managing the day to day operation of the vacation care program
- Planning and programing of the vc program in conjunction with the YWCA Hunter Executive Director and other Vacation staff
- To assist in the recruitment of staff
- Attend Network meetings and training as required
We are seeking a dedicated long term commitment. You must have experience in:
- Understanding of the Assessment and Ratings process
- Meeting an maintaining compliance
- Thorough understanding of the National Quality Framework
- Knowledge of the Education and Care Service National Law and Regulations
- Policy development in childcare.
- Leadership skills with the ability to guide and develop the team
- Ability to relate well to children and create positive respectful relationships
- Minimum 3 years experience in Child care in Australia
- relevant qualifications – Diploma in Early Childhood teaching/ Primary Teaching degree
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, which encompasses the Education and Care Service National Law and Regulations and National Quality Standards
- Current Working with children check
- Supervisor certificate (can apply if right candidate)
- Innovative, creative and motivated
- Experience in leading a team or demonstrated evidence of leadership skills
- Current First Aid Certificate, CRP, Asthma and Accredited Anaphylaxis Certificate
- Latest Child Protection Training
- A focus on providing a fun child friendly environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Award/Salary: Your employment will be subject to the provisions of the Children’s Services Award 2010 or any industrial instrument that replaces that award. The terms of the Award apply to you as a matter of law and do not form part of your contract of employment. Your salary is applied at the level of that award for a Nominated Supervisor position.
Responsible: To the Executive Director of the organisation
Only suitably qualified people should apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
YWCA Hunter Region Inc